The library is offering curbside pickup. We thank you for your patience as we move through this process.
- Pick ups must be scheduled.
- No patron/library staff face to face interaction.
- Library staff must follow social distancing rules while in the library thus limiting the number of curbside pick up time slots due to limited staffing.
- At this time items can be placed on hold through CountyCat. If items are at Whitefish Bay, you can call us over the telephone to schedule a pickup time.
Otherwise you will receive a notification once items are available and then contact us to schedule a pickup.
- Use CountyCat to place items on hold.
- Interested in materials at another library? Learn about curbside service at other MCFLS libraries: http://www.mcfls.org/covid-faq.asp
Scheduling & Pickup Times
Please call the Whitefish Bay Public Library at 414.964.4380 to schedule a pick up during the hours below or use this form to schedule.
Pickup times will be scheduled every 15 minutes. If you miss your scheduled pick up time, your items will be removed from your account and returned to the shelf.
- Mondays- 9:30am-2pm
- Tuesdays- 2:30-7pm
- Wednesdays- 9:30am-2pm
- Thursdays- 2:30-7pm
- Saturday 9:30am-2pm
NOTE: If you have a fever or are not feeling well, please do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact the Whitefish Bay Public library at 414.964.4380 to let us know you cannot make your pick up.
These procedures must be followed when picking up your materials:
- Plan to bring your own bag as we are not providing these.
- When you arrive, remain across the street from the main entrance until it is your time slot and no other patrons are picking up their materials.
- A staff person will be inside the vestibule to check your library card/ID. Show your card through the window, and they will give you a thumbs up or okay sign to let you know you may pick up your items.
- Proceed directly to your designated cart number, pick up your items and return to your vehicle or move away from the building. Do not go through your items at the cart.
- If you get to the library and you have forgotten which cart # you are to go to, please call the main number at 414.964.4380 and we will confirm this for you before you come to the building.
- There is to be no loitering or congregating in front of the library. If this occurs, our Curbside Service will be discontinued.
Bins will be available to return items. Similar procedures apply:
- Stay across the street and do not approach the return bins if another patron is picking up or returning items.
- Place items inside the marked bins for media or books and move away as quickly as possible.
- All library materials on our shelves will be quarantined for 72 hours prior to being checked in, to ensure that there are no contagions on them.
If you miss your scheduled pick up date/time, your items will be removed from your account and you will have to re-request these holds over the phone with our reference staff.
If you no longer want your held items, please respond to this email and we will remove them from your account.