Renewing Our Services
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.
Dear Whitefish Bay Community-
Just as we all renew books, we are now Renewing Services at Whitefish Bay Public Library. We are starting a new book with lots of new chapters. We are excited to announce Chapter 1, "Grab and Go @ WFBPL", starting Monday, June 15th.
Our Guiding Principles are to:
- Provide a welcoming place for all who enter
- Interconnect and engage our community
- Be flexible, creative and forward-looking
- Support an informed public
- Offer an exceptional workplace
- Follow a thoughtful and measurable approach
We have adhered to these principles while discussing at-length, and planning in-depth, how best to provide services to Whitefish Bay in a safe manner.
Here are our new hours as of 6/15. Please keep in mind they will change as we move to Chapter 2 sometime in July (we hope). Curbside appointments are every 15 minutes, and in-library browsing appointments are every 30 minutes.
Follow a thoughtful and measurable approach
We are using guidelines from the CDC, North Shore Health Department, and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction to develop each Chapter of our Renewing Services story. Even as we follow these guidelines, as a public space WFBPL cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials. Visiting WFBPL or other public spaces is your decision based on the needs of you and your family.
Provide a welcoming place for all who enter & Offer an exceptional workplace
At this time, we consider “safe” to be welcoming for patrons and staff.
To maintain a safe environment for patrons and staff
- All services in Chapter 1 of Renewing Services at WFBPL are designed as "Grab and Go .…similar to picking up take-out from your favorite restaurant rather than dining in.
- All staff and patrons are required to wear face masks or face shields.
- 6-foot social distancing is required and spots will be marked on the floor at the checkout desk to assist this.
- The Library will have limited capacity with only a certain number of people allowed in the building at a time.
- Our cleaning crew cleans and sanitizes the library every evening with proper protocols and materials.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons to use as they enter and leave the building; handwashing is strongly encouraged and restrooms will be available for patrons with a Browsing or Computer appointment.
- Computers will be disinfected after each use.
- Materials may be returned via outside bins available while staff are in-building during these hours, to enable proper quarantining of materials: 9:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thu; 9:30am-2:00pm Fri-Sat.
Interconnect and engage our community & Support an informed public
We recommend you continue to utilize online and curbside services as much as possible, such as
- Using digital collections
- Viewing virtual programs
- Applying for a digital card
- Paying fines
- Asking a reference question by emailing email@example.com
Services Available as of 6/15 – call to make an appointment! 414-964-4380 during hours listed above.
- Curbside pick-up of holds - call to make a “Curbside Appointment" or use this form.
- Browse books, renew library cards, apply for a new card, or use the copier/scanner – call to make a “Browsing Appointment”
- Use of library computers for up to 1 hour per day (not your own laptop at a study table) – call to make a “Computer Appointment”
Be flexible, creative and forward-looking
Library staff will continue to revisit guidelines as we prepare for Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of our Renewing Services story, at which point we will begin to Renew the following services. We appreciate your flexibility as these services are not yet available.
- Sitting, gathering, or socializing
- Study table usage
- Study room usage
- Program room reservations
- Newspapers usage
- Children’s area toys or games