2020 Friends of the Whitefish Bay Library Scholarship
The Friends of the Whitefish Bay Library are pleased to announce two $500 educational scholarships for students who have been positively influenced by libraries. High school seniors who are residents of or attend school in Whitefish Bay and will be attending college during the 2020/2021 school year are eligible.
Application Deadline: March 16, 2020
Application Process: Applications can be found here or at the library front desk. Completed applications should be returned to the Whitefish Bay Public Library by email, mail, or in person.
Award Amount: Two $500 scholarships will be awarded.
Requirements: To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- A high school senior.
- A resident of or student attending a high school located in Whitefish Bay.
- A completed application must be submitted along with the required essay no later than deadline date or postmarked by the deadline date.
- Will be attending an accredited two or four-year college or university as a full or part-time student.
Scholarship Essay: Applicants will submit a 400-word original essay describing how libraries have helped them achieve their academic goals or influenced their personal life. The quality of this essay is the main consideration for this scholarship.
- Scholarship selection will be done using a blind review process and at the sole discretion of the Friends of the Whitefish Bay Library Scholarship Committee. This committee will consist of:
- One Friends board member
- One Friends member
- One Library staff member
- The award must be used for school-related educational purposes.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by the end of May.
- For any additional questions, please contact Friends at: email@example.com