Library Board Appointment
The Whitefish Bay Public Library.
Re-established every day.
Everything that we do, we do to make a difference in someone’s life by creating connections, building community, and collecting stories.
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.
Two of the seven Whitefish Bay Public Library Board of Trustees member appointments are open. We are seeking applicants who are library lovers and who believe in service to our community. The Library Board provides strategic guidance and oversight to the Director, librarians and staff. The current and previous Boards have established a clear vision and a solid foundation for our Whitefish Bay Library's finances, operations, facility and personnel, positioning the Library well for the future. The library is in the process of implementing a Strategic Plan and would value board members who could contribute with its execution. Regular meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.
Position 1 is to fill the remainder of a vacated term: asap – 04/30/2021
Position 2: a full 3 year term running asap – 4/30/2022
Contribute your talents to further strengthening the Library as a valued asset of our Whitefish Bay community. Please include detailed information to help us understand why you are the best choice for the Library Board. You may apply here by end-of-day February 27, 2019: http://bit.ly/2nTJLYB
Questions? Please send an email to LibraryBoard@wfblibrary.org or email@example.com
Whitefish Bay Public Library’s Guiding Principles:
The Whitefish Bay Library relies on a set of core principles to guide us in our pursuit of our mission and vision. These principles define what we value, guide how we act, and inform the decisions that we make, now and in the future.
- Provide a welcoming place for all who enter
- Interconnect and engage our community
- Be flexible, creative and forward-looking
- Support an informed public
- Offer an exceptional workplace
- Follow a thoughtful and measurable approach
Provide a welcoming place for all who enter
- Offer a well-maintained, hospitable space with a warm, inviting atmosphere
- Deliver superior service to all patrons
- Employ well-qualified, professional staff who are friendly, knowledgeable and approachable
- Involve patrons in their library by encouraging input on services, programming, materials and hours
Interconnect and engage our community
- Connect people for the exchange of ideas and information
- Enrich the lives of community members and promote a lifelong love of learning through creative, cultural, entertaining and informational materials and programs across all ages
- Establish partnerships with other organizations for programs, ideas and resources
Be flexible, creative and forward-looking
- Adapt to and be respectful of the diverse needs and interests of the Whitefish Bay community
- Strive for innovative thinking and effective solutions to current and future challenges
- Embrace those trends that enhance the lives of our patrons and the services provided to them
Support an informed public
- Create a neutral environment that enables the gathering of information
- Assemble a balanced collection that comprises multiple sources, classical and contemporary material, and presents a variety of viewpoints
- Ensure easy access to all materials
Offer an exceptional workplace
- Define clear and reasonable expectations for staff performance
- Foster a collaborative work environment
- Welcome creativity and encourage initiative
Follow a thoughtful and measurable approach
- Focus on attainable goals that yield positive results
- Be a responsible steward of the resources of the Village of Whitefish Bay
- Seek outside funding, as required, to execute our vision for the future