Meeting and Study Rooms
Please note: Due to COVID-19 study rooms are not available at this time. If you have questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call at 414-964-4380.
We have two meeting and study rooms available in the Adult Services wing of the library on a first come, first served basis. Just inquire at the Adult Reference Desk as to availability. Patrons may use the room for one hour, with the possibility of extending the time for longer if no one else asks to use one. They are available for private or small group study, with one being ideal for up to 4 people and the other up to 8 people.
Study Room Policy
The Whitefish Bay Public Library makes two study rooms available for use on a first-come, first-served basis; no reservations may be made on the rooms. The Hatfield Room has a maximum capacity of four people. The Beightol Room has a maximum capacity of eight people.
When necessary, priority is given to library-related needs.
- Study rooms may be checked out at the Reference Desk free of charge.
- Users are given a time card to post outside the room to keep track of their time limit. Responsibility for the room lies with the patron who checks out the room.
- Users of the rooms must be in grade 8 or higher to occupy a study room, or, patrons in grade 7 or lower must have an adult 18 years of age or older present in the study room at all times during use.
- Rooms are available during library hours of operation.
- Use of rooms ends 15 minutes prior to closing.
- The time limits are created to provide equitable access and increase room availability.
- Rooms may be checked out for one hour with 1 one hour renewal if there is no one waiting.
- There is a two hour per day maximum limit on room use.
- Eating is allowed and limited to brief, contained snacks that are immediately cleaned up by the user. Covered drinks are allowed.
- Noise from the study rooms must not be disturbing to other library patrons or operations.
- Failure to comply with this policy or with library staff directions will result in restriction or termination of the user's study room and/or library privileges.
Study Room Policy Approved by the Whitefish Bay Public Library Board of Trustees February 13, 2006. Revised and approved by the Whitefish Bay Public Library Board of Trustees December 7, 2009. Revised checkout location from the Circulation desk to the Reference desk per Director (LP) June 14. 2010. Revised and approved by the Whitefish Bay Public Library Board of Trustees September 24, 2019.