How do I sign up for a library card?
- Milwaukee County residents just need a photo ID and documentation with a current address to sign up for a card. You can begin the process online here, but you must come in person to complete the process. For patrons under the age of 16, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. Once you stop by the library, our friendly staff will have you borrowing materials in no time!
Where is the library located?
- We are located at 5420 N. Marlborough Avenue in Whitefish Bay, WI.
How do I place an item on hold?
- Items can be requested from any Milwaukee County public library. The easiest way to request items is to first login using your barcode and PIN. From your account page, enter in your search and locate the items you wish to request.
- Any item within the library catalog can be requested whenever you see the Request link displayed from the full record display screens. If you are logged in, you will need to choose a pickup location and click Submit. The system will confirm your request has been successful and you can return to searching for other items.
How do I renew items I have checked out?
- We'd be happy to help you renew your items. Call us or stop by the library to renew. You can also renew items online here. Then select the items you'd like to renew, can click "Renew Selected Items."
- You can also renew items through text messaging, To read more about this service and signup, visit here.
What's my PIN?
- A PIN or personal identification number is a set of numbers chosen by you when you set up or renewed your library card. If you have forgotten your PIN you can reset here. If you would like to change your PIN login into your account and select the EDIT PIN button.
Do you have WIFI?
- The library has wireless internet available throughout the building. The network name is "WB-Public" and is password protected. The password can be found at all of the service desks.
How do I rent space for an event at the library?
- The library has a space that is available to rent for birthday parties, baby showers, business meetings, or anything other event. The capacity for seated events is 125. You can read more about the space and see availability here.
Can I print from my own computer, tablet or smartphone?
You can print from home, on the go, or from a wireless device in the library with ePRINTit. You do not need to have a library card in order to print. Full instructions on how to print are here.
Does the library offer test proctoring?
- We offer test proctoring services for no fee. Exams must be scheduled at least 5 days in advance. To set up a proctored exam, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the library have tax forms?
- The library does not carry tax forms. However you may print any forms that you need. Costs for printing is 15 cents a page.
Does the library offer any free tax help?
- We have not been able to offer tax help these last three years due to the pandemic.