Now accepting applicants for:
Position Title: Circulation Assistant
Position Status: Part-time. Hourly
Appointing Authority: Library Director
Supervisor: Head of Circulation
Are you an energetic, creative, service-oriented person who enjoys working with the public? Do you have an appreciation for libraries, books, and reading?
If so, we want you to join our team at the Whitefish Bay Public Library!
The Whitefish Bay Public Library has an immediate opening for a part-time Circulation Assistant who will work primarily at the Circulation Services desk assisting our patrons.
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources. In meeting this commitment, employees are expected to be knowledgeable, competent, dependable and courteous in the performance of their responsibilities and to work cooperatively as part of a team.
The Library is seeking a team member who is:
- service oriented and enjoys providing exceptional customer service to people of all ages.
- Passionate about building community and creating connections.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking while maintaining a welcoming, warm demeanor.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or GED Equivalent.
- Experience working with the public in a customer service environment.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, courteously and effectively with the public and other staff members.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position as listed in the detailed job description.
- Greet and serve library patrons.
- Perform circulation functions that include check-in and check-out of library materials.
- Register and update patron library accounts and cards.
- Inform patrons of and collect library fines and fees.
- Process materials that are incoming or outgoing from other libraries within the Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS).
- Adhere to Whitefish Bay Library and MCFLS circulation policies and procedures.
Hours of Work and Pay:
- 8 - 15 hours a week; Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings, and weekends. This is required to meet the library’s public service needs.
- $10.50 - $11.00 per hour, based on experience.
- There are no benefits with this position.
- Standard 6-month probationary period applies.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Theresa Hoge, Head of Circulation (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 24th, 2020.