Position Title: Head of Circulation Services
Position Status: Full-time. Salaried. Exempt. Supervisor.
Department: Whitefish Bay Public Library Appointing
Authority: Library Director
Supervisor: Library Director
Are you an energetic, creative, service-oriented person who enjoys working with the public?
Are you a library staff member with experience in circulation, supervision, and leadership?
If so, we want you to join our team at Whitefish Bay Public Library!
The Whitefish Bay Public Library has an opening for a full-time Head of Circulation Services who will oversee the operation of the Circulation Services department and will be a vital part of the Library’s Leadership Team.
The Library is seeking a team member who has:
- A service-oriented attitude with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and the public in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the library.
- Knowledge of public libraries and integrated library systems.
Your essential duties will be to:
- Create a positive, welcoming and helpful environment for library users and maintain a level of excellent patron service.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule Circulation Assistants and Page/Shelvers.
- Create and maintain circulation procedures and interpret MCFLS & WFBPL policies/procedures related to circulation of materials in the shared system.
- Reconcile cash register daily to reports and complete deposits under direction of Library Director.
- Maintain a commitment to continuous learning to grow professionally and improve skills through conferences, seminars, and local training sessions.
- Uphold the Whitefish Bay Public Library Mission Statement set by the Library Board and provide services that meet those standards.
The required minimum qualifications are:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college OR a combination equivalent of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills for this position.
- At least 1 year of satisfactory relevant experience in a library.
- At least 1 year satisfactory supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices, with sufficient skill to complete reconciliations and deposits.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with the public and staff.
- Ability to perform basic supervisory functions and organize workflow.
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation methods and procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and effective public relations.
Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week; exempt from overtime; some evenings and weekends required.
- $40,000-43,000 annual, based on experience.
- Full Village of Whitefish Bay benefits.
- Standard 6-months probationary period applies.
How to Apply:
Submit Village of Whitefish Bay application online by clicking this link.
Send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Nyama Y. Reed, Library Director; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to submit: Sunday June 17, 2018.