Check out our seed library. We provide the seeds and you do the rest! The seed library can be found right across from the circulation desk.
Seeds purchased from Burpee.com; all veggies and herbs are organic.
Seeds currently available:
- bee balm - Monarda Fistulosa (Bergamot)
- lemon mint
- yellow pear cherry tomato
Brought to you through a collaboration between the Whitefish Bay Public Library and the Whitefish Bay Garden Club.
For questions about the WFB Seed Library's process or how to get seeds, contact the WFB Public Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great tips and techniques to use to get started:
- Spring Vegetable Planting Schedule
- Seed Planting Technique: Seed Tape
- Container Gardening
- Raised Bed Gardening
- Raised Bed and Container Gardening by University of Wisconsin Extension
- Safe Harvest Techniques by UW-Extension Master Gardener Program
- Easy Composting
Seed Specific Info
Based on the seeds we are providing this year, here are some suggestions for produce use and recipes here from UW Madison Division of Extension and The Learning Store:
- Healthy Season Produce: Herbs
- Carrots & More About Carrots
- Greens (including beet greens and spinach)
- Kale Chips
- Lemon Mint
Whitefish Bay Garden Club