4th Annual Photography Contest
PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST RULES FOR 2019
1. This contest is open to AMATEUR* photographers of any age.
(*Amateur is defined as not receiving payment for photo services in the past 3 years).
2. Each participant may only submit one photo per
3. Photos must have been taken within the last two
calendar years (2018-2019). Do not re-enter photos you submitted in last year’s contest.
4. All photos must be submitted in print form. Prints must be 8x10. No mounts, mats or frames allowed.
5. Photo submissions will become property of the library archives and will not be returned.
6. Deadline for photo submissions is Friday, September 6.
7. Pick up at entry form at the reference desk or here online and attach it to the back of the photo with the following information:
Location of subject or object in photo
8. Kids can enter either in the kids category and submit one photo or compete against adults in the other categories.
9. By entering the contest, you understand that your photo may used to promote and publicize future library photo contests or the library itself.
PLEASE read carefully to determine the category for your photo.
- Travel or Landscape
- People or Portrait
- Architecture- Buildings, Bridges, Structures
- Nature- Animals, Flowers, Outdoors, Weather, Etc
- Still Life- Anything Not Listed Above
- Black & White - Any Subject
- Close-up or Macro
- Photo Manipulation
- Kids Category- Voluntary (Open to anyone under 17)
- Entries by Staff and Family (No cash prize)
Judges reserve the right to re-categorize any submission if deemed necessary.
Each photo will be judged for impact, composition and quality of lighting.
Follow this link to see the judges for 2019.
One entry will be awarded BEST IN SHOW for a cash prize of $250.
Winners will be awarded in each of the categories:
First place- $50 Gift Card
Second place- $25 Gift Card
Third place- $10 Gift Card
Honorable mentions and/or a Big Wow award may be awarded at judges’ discretion. Winners at each level may not be guaranteed.
Winners will be contacted by phone shortly after the conclusion of judging approximately in the end of September. All winners will be on display at the library through 2020.