Letter to Students and Their Families
August 19, 2020
Dear Whitefish Bay Families and Educators,
The Whitefish Bay Public Library aims to provide excellent library service and to work to keep our community safe during these unprecedented times. We do so by following CDC, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, and North Shore Health Department guidelines and recommendations which has resulted in changes to how we offer library services.
We want to share how the library will serve you and your family as we enter the 2020-2021 school year within the boundaries of our “Grab & Go” model.
Most importantly, if you have depended on the library as a location for your child to spend time after school, before going home or waiting for a ride, you will need to make other arrangements. During a typical school year, we have 30-40 students in the Youth area from 3:00-6:00pm. We are not able to accommodate that this fall due to safety guidelines.
- We allow only 40 patrons at a time in the whole Library due to reduced-capacity guidelines.
- We require patrons to keep their visits to 30 minutes or less to find books, pick up holds, make copies, and receive reference assistance.
- There are no computers, tables, chairs or study rooms available for use in the Youth department.
- In-person tutoring, collaboration, group project work, hanging-out, and socializing are not allowed.
- Students 14 years or older may use a computer in the Adult department; those sessions are limited to one hour per day same as for adult-age patrons.
We’re happy to share that there are still many library services available.
- New this year, we offer Tutor.com from Noon - 7:00pm/7 days-per-week to support students with learning. Please check our website for more info and to learn about our other digital resources.
- Mobile printing is available which enables you to send homework from your home computer or cell phone to our printer.
- The library continues to offer a wide variety of physical resources to meet the needs of our community for education and entertainment. You can also request items from other libraries via CountyCat.
- We have digital editions of books, audiobooks, music, movies and graphic novels via Hoopla, Kanopy, and Overdrive/Libby.
- We can provide you with a list of book recommendations customized for your child or teen. Just fill out this form and receive an emailed list via our youth services staff.
- We will continue our virtual programs in fall, including virtual storytimes and videos of craft and DIY game ideas. We’ll offer more Take and Make kits to pick up at the library for children, tweens and teens. Follow us on Facebook for updates.
- Reference service is available in-person, by phone, or via email.
- For those who are not comfortable coming inside the Library to pick up their books, we offer our curbside pickup service.
To find our current hours of operation and other info, please go to www.wfblibrary.org.
We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you for your understanding and support. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-964-4380.
Nyama Y. Reed
Whitefish Bay Public Library, Director