Two-Sentence Horror Story Contest
Congratulations to the winners of our 2-Sentence Horror Story Contest!
1st Place- Ben T.: The pounding on the door was quick as my neighbor rushed into my house claiming she'd been followed. Thankfully I'd made it back first and she walked into my waiting arms.
2nd Place- Christine Q.: The purring from her beloved pets gave Shelly comfort while she stroked their soft fur with the one limb that was still functional after a tumble, three days earlier, down the basement stairs. Once the biting started, she realized her cats loved her too.
3rd Place- Patrick M.: Mommy, why is Grandma in my room? I thought we buried her yesterday.
1st Place- Henry E.: The tub with the clawed feet came to life. It was a bloodbath.
2nd Place- Malin M.: The Butler house burned down as a result of young William’s childhood stupidity, anxiety about being left home alone, and a fork in the microwave. The family had absolutely no idea who the firefighters pulled from the burning timbers.
Participate in our first ever 2-Sentence Horror Story Contest!
It was a dark and stormy night when the library decided to host our first ever 2-Sentence Horror Story Contest! What is a 2-Sentence Horror Story? It is just like it sounds, it is a scary story told in only two sentences. Here are some examples:
The grinning face stared at me from the darkness beyond my bedroom window. I live on the 14th floor.
They delivered the mannequins in bubble wrap. From the main room I begin to hear popping.
- One entry per person.
- Must be 14 years or older to participate.
- Entries must be received by the deadline of October 20.
- Stories must be made up of only 2 sentences. Those that do not follow the 2-sentence rule will be disqualified.
- Submissions that violate privacy, promote illegal activity, or incite violence will be disqualified. Subject matter must be appropriate for display in the Library and on Library social media.
- All entries MUST be original work. Any work that has been plagiarized will be disqualified.
- Entries must be less than 200 words.
- Must be a resident of Milwaukee County
Prizes for Adults:
First Place- Literary Themed Gift Basket that Includes the new novel by Stephen King, Fairy Tale
Second Place- $15 Boswell Books Gift Card
Third Place- $10 Boswell Books Gift Card
Prizes for Teens:
First Place- $25 Starbucks Gift Card
Second Place- $10 Starbucks Gift Card
Third Place- $5 Starbucks Gift Card